The following are the general policies of Four Seasons Health Club regarding member’s use of the health club facilities and conduct at the Club. These policies will be posted from time to time in the Club. These policies can be changed by the Club whenever the Club reasonably feels they should be.
- Members shall understand that Four Seasons may experience increased attendance at various times during the year and at peak periods during the day. Members will expressly agree that Four Seasons shall not be liable for breach of contract if a member encounters overcrowding during the term of their membership.
- The Club management reserves the right to utilize the Club facilities for special events, private parties, seminars, tournaments, or other activities.
- The Club, nor it’s employees will be responsible for lost or stolen articles of any kind or type upon the premises. Any property found by Four Seasons Health Club will be held by the Club at member’s sole risk for a period of 48 hours. The Club shall have no responsibility for such found property.
- Any time a member wishes to charge to their account, the member must sign a charge slip.
- If charges are made, you will receive a monthly statement. All charges are due by the 10th of the month. If charges are not paid in a timely manner, membership privileges will be denied.
- Initiation/Capital fees and membership dues are subject to change with 60 days notice, except for contracts signed after February 1, 1996.
- Court fees, guest fees, and other charges are subject to change at the discretion of the management.
- Any damage done to the Club will be paid for by any member who willfully, or one who shows neglect, and causes such damage. Members are responsible for damage incurred by dependent children and guests.
- Tobacco products or alcohol usage is not permitted in any areas of the Club or on Club property.
- While members are on the Club premises, they shall refrain from using loud, foul or slanderous language. They shall also refrain from molesting, badgering or soliciting other members. Physical, verbal or intention of emotional distress or abuse from any one member to any other members or staff, shall result in immediate termination of Club membership.
- Violations of any of the Club policies by a member or persons in their family, as determined by the sole discretion of the Club management, shall subject the member to termination of their membership or a suspension of membership privileges for a period to be determined by the management. A membership is subject to termination of the sole discretion of the management, in the best interest of the Club and it’s members.
- All memberships are subject to approval by the General Manager. Membership does not confer or include any interest or ownership in the facilities or assets of the Club. Membership grants no right to govern or control the affairs of the Club, facilities, or activities. Memberships in the Club and use of the facilities are subject to policies which may be amended by the Club.
- Parents who are not members of the Club will be allowed to enter the Club to pick up their children after they have completed a Club activity. These parents, however, are not allowed to use any of the Club’s facilities while they are in the building or view practices or other activities their child is participating in, unless it is a special event or tournament.
- These policies are designed to acquaint you with Four Seasons Health Club and provide you with the policies that govern it’s operation. Not policy handbook can anticipate every circumstance or question about policy. As Four Seasons continues to grow, the need may arise and Four Seasons reserves the right to revise, supplement, or rescind any policies as it deems appropriate, in its sole and absolute discretion.
- Individual membership: An individual membership entitles you to use all the facilities included in your membership. Use of the courts are at the prevailing rates. This memberships is for one person and does not include spouse or children.
- Couple Membership: A couple membership entitles a husband and wife, or a couple living at the same address, to use all the facilities included in their membership. Use of courts are at the prevailing rates. This membership does not include children.
- Family Membership: A family membership entitles a husband, wife and their children, 19 years and under, to use all the facilities included in their membership, based on which membership level they have.
- Single/Family Membership: A single/family membership entitles a parent or guardian and their children, 19 years and under, to use all the facilities included in their membership, based on which membership level they have.
- The one-time initiation/capital fee is non-refundable.
- To remain a member and retain the privileges of the type of membership you have selected, you must pay your dues on time. Monthly dues continue to accrue regardless of club usage. Non-usage does not exclude you from monthly dues payment.
- Finance charge after 30 days of 1½ percent monthly. In the event that a member defaults on their membership agreement, the member will agree to pay for any and all collection costs. All returned checks, closed accounts, stop payments or non-sufficient fund checks will be assessed a $25.00 service charge.
- Memberships are non-transferable. Exception to this provision may be granted by Four Seasons Health Club with prior written approval by Club management. There will be a $25.00 transfer fee for this privilege.
- Club dues are payable monthly, run continuously, and are in effect for one month at a time.
- To cancel a membership, deliver a signed and dated copy of a written cancellation notice or send a cancellation notice by certified or registered mail to: Four Seasons Health Club, 1600 7th Street, Sioux City, IA 51101.
- If a member has a single membership and wishes to include a spouse or a family to their membership, they must pay a Capital Fee to add on additional members.
- If a member discontinues their membership and later decides to re-join, they will be required to pay the full Initiation/Capital Fee.
- If a member joins under a corporate membership structure, the member will not qualify for a corporate discount if they are no longer employed at that company, or if they originally joined under a student membership and they are no longer a student.
- Membership may be put on hold for medical reasons which will require a physician’s written notification. Memberships cannot be put on hold for any other reason.
- If a member wishes to downgrade their membership, for example drop tanning or racquetball from their membership or a couple down to a single, they may do so, but a $50 downgrade fee will be applied. If the member has been at their current membership level for eight months or longer, the $50 downgrade fee will be waived.
For those members who have automatic deduction for their monthly dues through a bank account, the following policies will apply:
- All returned checks, closed accounts, stop payments or insufficient fund drafts will be assessed a $25.00 service charge.
- Monthly dues are drafted through all accounts on the fifth of the month. If the Club receives closed account, stop payment, or insufficient fund returns for a member’s monthly dues, their membership privileges will be denied until the monthly payment is received and new banking information is provided, if necessary. If no payment has been received after 60 days, the account may be transferred to the Credit Bureau.
- If the member is on direct billing for their monthly dues, this payment is due by the 10th of the month. If no payment is received after ten days, membership privileges will be denied. If there has been no payment after 60 days, the account may be transferred to the Credit Bureau.
- If a member’s dues are current but they have other charges such as food and beverage, court time, etc., these charges are due by the 10th of the month. If no payment has been received after 30 days, membership privileges will be denied. If no payment has been received after 60 days, the account may be transferred to the Credit Bureau.
- A guest may use all of the Club’s facilities except for tennis, tanning, and racquetball for a $10.00 plus tax fee. After 3:00PM the guest fee is $15.00 plus tax unless they are a relative of a member in which case the guest fee remains $10.00 plus tax.
- Guests must abide by all policies of the Club. The sponsoring member is responsible for the actions of their guests. Any equipment rented or issued to a guest becomes the responsibility of the member who is liable for its return. The sponsoring member is responsible for payment of any fees not paid by the guest.
- Violation by a guest of the Four Season Health Club member policies and any posted regulations shall be grounds for refusing that individual further member privileges.
- Lockers are provided of the daily use of members when they are using the Club. You may bring your own lock. Locks left on overnight will be removed and the contents of the locker will be distributed to local, non-profit charitable organizations.
- Neither the Club nor its employees will be responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- Lockers may be rented on an annual basis in certain designated areas of the locker rooms. The annual fee for locker rental is $96.00 plus tax per year.
- There are five racquetball courts. The racquetball courts may be reserved up to 1½ hours per day. The three indoor tennis and two outdoor tennis courts may be reserved up to 1½ hours per day. Extension of play may be scheduled after the time permitted, provided there are available courts.
- No black soled shoes or shoes with soles that may mar the court surface may be worn on any courts. Proper language and etiquette is to be observed at all times. This includes relinquishing courts on schedule. Violators will be asked to leave without refund.
- Eye protections is mandatory on the racquetball courts.
- Courts may be reserved up to four days in advance limited to one advance reservation.
- Reserved courts must be canceled two hours in advance with no charge. Lessons must be canceled 12 hours in advance with no charge. If 12 hours notice is not given, the single session court rate will be charged.
- Anyone failing to show up for court times will be charged a no-show fee at the single session court rates. Reservations will be held no more then ten minutes after the starting time.
- Reservations can be made in person or by telephone during normal club hours.
- Reservations are equally available to all club members who are at least 13 years of age.
- Tanning reservations can be made up to four days in advance. One session may be scheduled per day.
- Tanning reservations may be cancelled two hours in advance with no charge. If less notice is given, the member will be charged the single session tanning rate.
- Anyone failing to show up for a tanning appointment or showing up more than ten minutes after the scheduled time will be considered a no-show and charged the single session tanning rate.
- The Club reserves the right, and will restrict access to minors during certain posted times. These times will be subject to change without notice.
- All gratuity is a non-chargeable item.
- Café charges are due by the 10th of the month after billing. If charges are not paid in a timely manner they will be handled according to the regular account policy. Please see section: “Membership Accounts” for more information.
- Shirts and shoes must be worn at all times.
- You must be a member or a guest to use the Club café.
- Proper language and etiquette is to be observed at all times. Violators will be asked to leave the café and the Club.
- Please do not leave children unattended in the café. Café staff is not responsible for the children left in the café.
- No outside food or drink allowed in the café.
- Please be courteous to other members and leave sport balls and duffel bags in lockers or outside café to prevent accidents.
The fitness center provides services to users who are 13 years of age and older. It is recommended that users obtain a general fitness assessment before beginning the workout programs. The following policies apply:
Clothing sufficient to preserve modesty, health, and safety is required to be worn at all times. Shirts (including tanks and leotards) and shoes are required.
When finished with a piece of equipment, it is appreciated that you wipe your sweat off the equipment. This will help keep the Club a healthy and sanitary place to work out.
After use, please rack your weights and return equipment to the appropriate place.
Members are asked to share equipment. Do not use the equipment as a resting place between sets. During peak demand times, the club staff reserves the right to enforce a “work-in” rule, allowing other members access to equipment between sets.
Please return all towels to the towel bins located throughout the fitness center.
When utilizing the indoor track, walkers should stay to the inside and walk single file. Please adhere to the directional instructions each day.
Children 12 years and under must be immediately accompanied by an adult when using the spa, steam room or sauna.
Parent(s) are responsible for the behavior and direct supervision of their children in all areas of the Club, except when the children are participating in a class or program supervised by Club staff. These activities, classes and programs are listed in the Club brochures.
- Direct supervision of a child means that the child is close enough to the parent for quick physical contact and/or voice contact at normal speaking levels.
- Children who are members, 12 years and under, may enter the Club and use the facilities only when accompanied by their parent or a guardian/family member who is 18 years of age or older.
- Children who are members, 12 years and under, will not be allowed in the weight or cardiovascular areas in the main building, even when accompanied by a parent.
- Children who are 12 years and under are not allowed to use the fitness equipment due to safety considerations unless specified under the direct permission of a doctor and supervised by their parent or family/guardian member.
- The Child Care and Youth Activities Center are available for member’s children only. Parents may leave their children in these areas only while the parent(s) or a family member, 18 years of age or older, remains in the Club.
- Children who are 12 and under who will be participating in cub supervised activities must be escorted into the Club as well as to and from each activity by their parent or guardian.
- Until their fourth birthday, children are allowed in either locker room with a parent. For children four or older, if other arrangements cannot be made, subject to availability, a staff member will accompany and help the child through the appropriate gender locker room at your request.
The Club may be rented to groups at the sole discretion of the management. The hours, days, and rates for rental of courts for private gatherings will be established by the management. The management reserves the privileges of refusing rental of the Club if they decide the function is not in the best interest of the Club or its members. Policies for rental of the Club are available upon request.
If any teaching pros or professional trainers who are not employed by the Club wish to use the Club to instruct a current member, they must abide by the following policies:
- The professional must provide the Club with a copy of their liability insurance.
- The professional must pay a guest fee to use the facility and also a professional fee. The Club will determine the rate for the professional fee.